Friday 14 May 2010

Time Trail


I do various types of training five times a week to keep my cycling fitness up to scratch. Once a week I do a time trial. This is where I cycle over a ten mile route and time myself. This week I've managed my fastest so far at just 24 minutes 15 seconds, an average of just under 25mph over the ten mile course.
During other days I do hill training, interval training and other weights and cardio exercises to strengthen my core and keep my cycle-essential muscles at their peak. With only a few weeks to go before the LEJOG event I need to increase the amount of training and change my priorities slightly. More of my training time is now spent on the bike I'll be using. Getting used to the saddle and riding position especially! I'll be making some tweaks to the bike and changing a few things to make sure I get the most out of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment