Monday 14 June 2010

The Date Is Set!

After two years of thinking and months of planning, the date is finally set for my Land's end to John O' Groats bike ride. I start the event on the morning of Thursday the 15th of July from Land's End.

I'll be travelling down to Penzance by train the day before, leaving Shaun at Doncaster Railway Station with instructions on how to work the washing machine and what to buy at Tesco so that he doesn't starve!

It feels strange now... it's real! I booked my train tickets an hour ago and reserved by bike space. I've reserved a room at a nice (cheap) B&B near Land's End, well, about four miles away but it's a ten mile bike ride from Penzance station on Wednesday evening. When I wake up on the Thursday, it'll be a big breakfast and a four mile warm up as I head for the start line at Land's End.

The next step is to finalise my route and sort out where I'll be sleeping during my trip. The route is now set and I'll be posting details of it in a few days.

No comments:

Post a Comment