Saturday 25 July 2009

Training Update

It's been about a month since I started training and all is well (so far!). The bike is wearing in well and going in for it's first service next week. I've adapted to the bike really well and it is more comfortable that I had expected it to be.

At the moment I'm doing about 150 miles per week between road, off road and gym biking. I know this is a lot less than the 254 miles in four days but my training is concentrated on interval training and spinning. Interval training involves short bursts of rapid cycling followed by intervals of slower, rested spins. Spinning sessions are where I cycle continuously for 30 to 45 minutes without rest at a moderate speed.

I am starting the next level of training this week which involves cycling with my full backpack. It's strange because the weight of the backpack changes my balance on the saddle and i need to adapt to the extra weight. This is why I have been building my core muscles in the gym to make sure I don't put too much pressure on my back and shoulders, which may not be used to the extra weight.

No comments:

Post a Comment