Monday, 27 July 2009

Sponsorship & Event Timetable Update

I've started distributing sponsor forms this week and have a target of £1000.00 for this event. If I don't manage to get you to sponsor me, please donate online at (clicking the 'Donate' button). Don't forget that all the money raised goes straight to the Motor Neurone Disease Association.

Because I'm doing the ride unaided with no support, I'm planning the event around the weather. Even in summer, night time temperatures over the tops of the Pennines have been known to drop as low as 4C and summer storms can deposit as much as 75mm (3 inches) of rain. To ensure my own safety, and to avoid overly muddy conditions on the towpath, I need a few days of dry, breezy, warm weather followed by at least 3 or 4 days of at least dry weather.
I've been keeping a close eye on the Met Office forecasts and confidence is high that conditions will start to improve towards the end of the first week in August with high pressure building to the north by the middle of August. (keep your fingers crossed!).

No comments:

Post a Comment