Sunday 30 May 2010

Planning, Shopping & Writing Lists

Still feeling crap! I think it's just a cold and a bit of a chest infection, but I'm still not fit for training and I can't stop coughing. It's alright in a way because it's cool and very windy today, so in effect, I have a note to excuse me from training!

The time off has given me a chance to get my list of equipment together that I'll be taking with me on the LEJOG. My last expedition, the Leeds & Liverpool canal ride taught me a lesson where I took far too much stuff that I didn't need. The biggest mistake was carrying it all on a back-pack. In hindsight, I was a tit! Not only does carrying extra weight on your back make your back hurt, but it also contributed towards my chronic saddle sores and made my balance on the bike more difficult.

So rule number one this time around is to fasten my load to a rear rack. Rule two is not to carry anything that I won't absolutely need. Rule three is to make sure there's always room for enough chocolate to last half a day (that's a lot more than you're imagining. No... even more than that!).
I won't bore you with the list of stuff yet. I'll save that for a day when I can't think of anything to write on here. I'll confess that the original list of stuff to take has gone from two full A4 sheets of paper to one, and I want that down to half a page before I go.

No comments:

Post a Comment