Saturday 1 May 2010

New Bike For The Next Challenge!

So after a few weeks of research, lots of shopping around and reading countless reviews, and I mean thousands! I've decided on my bike to cycle from Land's End to John O' Groats. My budget is quite limited but I've ordered a Hybrid bike, a Specialized Sirrus 2010 Sport.

I've chosen this particular bike for a few reasons. First of all, I wanted a Hybrid rather than a Road bike. I find Hybrids a lot more comfortable, especially on my wrists and back, due to the slightly different seating position. Secondly, the ride quality is really nice. Very smooth and the gears feel a lot more expensive than they are! The wheels are standard Road bike size and the bike only weighs in at just over 10kg, so speed should be just as good as my Road bike.
Finally, the reviews for this model really outshined all the other Hybrids. I couldn't find a genuine bad review (apart from the odd guy who hates Specialized).

So, I pick up the bike next week and after a final check between whether I take a Medium or Large size, I'll be out on the roads wearing it in and getting used to it. It'll get at least three months wearing in before the event. Plenty of time to strip it down and rebuild for experience, change the tyres and tubes for puncture resistant ones and maybe change the saddle.

Now I can start looking for new accessories!

No comments:

Post a Comment